Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
This is one of my favourite breakfasts!
- 4 slices of soft light wholegrain bread (I use this, but use any sliced bread with about 45 calories per slice, it will be lot nicer if you use really soft bread though)
- 50g fat free cream cheese (I use this)
- 20g light strawberry jam (mine from Edeka has 118 kcal per 100g)
- 2 egg whites
- 5g extra light butter (something like this)
- Sweetener of choice to taste (best to be calorie free like Stevia or any other no calorie sweetener)
- Drop of vanilla extract
- Cinnamon to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Evenly spread the cream cheese on the 4 slices of bread and top two slices with the jam. Then put the other two slices on top to form two sandwiches. Slightly push them together, but don’t squish them.
- Whisk all the other ingredients apart from the butter together in a big shallow dish.
- Coat your two sandwiches with the mixture (don’t forget the sides!)
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Gently fry the French Toast on all sides until nicely browned.
- Plate up and sprinkle with some more sweetener and cinnamon if you like.
Serving Size: Entire recipe
Nutritional Info: (with my products used)